Information We Collect About YouWhen you visit our Site we may collect information regarding your visit from your computer, phone or other device. Such information helps us to determine information about how you use our Site, the date that you visited our Site and search engines that may have led you to our Site. We collect this information in order to continually improve and enhance the functionalities of the Site http://www.valens.com Generally, you may provide us with two types of information: Content, which may include Your Information, and Site Usage Information, both of which are discussed in greater detail below. In order to make your visits to our Site as enjoyable as possible, we may ask you for Your Information. Your Information includes, for example, your name and email address, both of which you are asked to provide when you download a brochure or ask our representative to contact you. Below is a description of some of the ways that you may provide Your Information to us, as well as further details on how we may use such Information.
Personal Information you Provide Us
- Contact Us/Feedback. If you email us through the http://www.valens.com “contact us”/firstname.lastname@example.org link on our Site, we may ask you for information such as your name and email address so we can respond to your questions and comments. If you choose to correspond with us via email or via other features of the Site we may retain the content of your email messages, your email address and our response to you. In certain cases, and with your permission, we may post content from your emails to us, on the Site.
- Questionnaires and Surveys. We may occasionally ask users of our Site to complete online surveys and opinion polls about their activities, attitudes and interests. These surveys help us better serve you and improve the usefulness of the Site. In requesting your participation in these surveys we may ask you to provide your name and email address.
- User Content. Our Site offers its users the opportunity to share Content – for instance, on bulletin boards and blogs and in chat rooms. You acknowledge that if you choose to use these features, you should be aware that any Information you submit through these features can be read, collected, or used by other viewers of these forums and could be used to send you unsolicited messages. We are not responsible for the Information you choose to submit in these forums.
- Cookies. We may use “cookies” in connection with our Site to maintain information about you and provide you with a more user-friendly, effective and secure service. A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. Valens employs the use of both “session” cookies and “persistent” cookies. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the Site. Persistent cookies can be removed by following your web browser’s directions. A session cookie is temporary and disappears after you close your browser. When you visit our Site, we may ask for your permission to employ the use of a session or persistent cookie. Our Site will then send a cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits our Site to access the cookies it has already sent to you and not a cookies sent to you by other Sites. Most web browsers can be adjusted to inform you when a cookie has been sent to you and provide you with the opportunity to refuse that cookie. However, refusing a cookie may, in some cases, preclude you from using, or negatively impact the display or function of our Site or certain areas or features of our Site.
- IP Address. Our servers automatically collect data about your Internet Protocol address when you visit us.. When you request pages from our Site, our servers may log your IP Address and sometimes your domain name. Our server may also record the referring page that links you to us (e.g., another Site or a search engine); the pages you visit on our Site; the Site you visit after this Site; other information about the type of web browser, computer, platform, related software and settings you are using; any search terms you have entered on this Site or a referral Site; and other web usage activity and data logged by our web servers (“Site Usage Information”). We use this information for internal system administration, such as help diagnose problems with our servers and to administer our Site. Such information may also be used to gather broad demographic information, such as country of origin and internet site provider. We may also link this information with Your Information. Any or all of these activities with regard to the above-described
- Google Analytics. The Site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses ‘cookies’, text files that are saved on your computer and allow your use of the Site to be analyzed. The information about your visit collected by the cookie (including your IP address) is usually transferred to a Google server in the USA and saved there. If the Site has activated IP anonymisation, Google first abbreviates your IP address within your state. The full IP address will only be transferred to a Google server in the USA and abbreviated there in exceptional cases. Google will use the information collected on behalf of the Site operator to evaluate your use of the Site, to compile reports about your activities within the Site, and to provide further services related to use of the Site and Internet use. Google will under no circumstances associate the IP address transmitted by your browser within the operations of Google Analytics with other Google data. You can prevent the installation of the cookies by entering the corresponding settings in your browser software. However, please note that in this case you may not be able to use the complete range of functions of the Site to their full extent receive information about your visits and interaction with services provided by others.
- You have the right to “opt in” and/or “opt out” (at a later date) of certain of our uses of Your Information. For example, if you are prompted to provide Your Information on our Site or in connection with our communications to you, you may have the opportunity to elect whether you would like to receive such correspondence from us. You can also make this request by sending an email to email@example.com specifying whether: (i) you would like to opt out of receiving promotional correspondence from Valens in general, or just via e-mail, postal mail, by phone or other device, and/or whether (ii) you would only like to opt out of certain of our e-newsletters or correspondence.
How We Share Your User Information
- Site Providers. We do not sell or rent your personally identifiable information to third parties. We may share your personally identifiable information only with third-party partners we use to help us operate and maintain our Site and deliver our products and services. We may also share Your Information and Site Usage Information with our site providers and other third parties (“Affiliated Parties”) that provide products or sites for or through this Site or for our business (such as Site or database hosting companies, address list hosting companies, communications providers, email Site providers, analytics companies, distribution companies, fulfillment companies, credit card processing companies and other similar Site providers that use such information on our behalf).
- Aggregate Statistics. We may disclose non-personal aggregate statistics regarding user behavior as a measure of interest in, and use of, our Site and emails to third parties in the form of aggregate data, such as overall patterns or demographic reports, which do not describe or identify any individual user. Information relating to aggregate statistics may be collected through the use of third-party cookies and other third party tracking devices.
- Legally Compelled Disclosures. We may disclose Your Information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to (a) conform to the law, comply with a judicial or court order or comply with legal process served on us or Affiliated Parties; (b) protect and defend our rights and property, the Site, the users of the Site, and/or our Affiliated Parties; or (c) act under circumstances to protect the safety of users of our Site, us, or third parties.
Your Access and Correction RightsYou retain the right to decline to submit Your Information through the Site, in which case we may not be able to provide certain Sites to you. However, if you choose to provide Your Information to t Valens, we will provide you with the ability to access, correct, update or delete Your Information you have provided to this Site by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Before we are able to provide you with any information or correct any inaccuracies, we may ask you to verify your identity and provide other details to help us to respond to your request.
Updated: June 7th, 2017