New home plans with HDBaseT help

HomeForumsWelcome to the Installer Zone Forum!New home plans with HDBaseT help

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Z 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Z
    HDBaseT Member

I’m in the process of building a new home on 4 acres, Raleigh, NC. I spoke to some local entertainment and audio shops but they don’t know much about HDBaseT. I’m familiar with AV systems and networking. I plan to hire a pro to do the wiring and supply them with best materials within my budget. Some of my questions might not be related directly to HDBaseT.

1. Is this the best cable to use for a new home? Sunnytech CAT7A CMR 500ft S-FTP 10G,1500MHz AWG22,Solid,Blue w/20 Cat7A Plug
    2. Is one RJ45 plug in each room/location sufficient? See room plans below.
    3. What camera setup to use for gate, it will be ~300ft away from HBaseT matrix/base.
    4. I prefer to stick with components that are known to work with HDBaseT. What speakers  and sound bars to use (entertainment room, gym, pool/deck, living room, etc…) and audio sources?
    5. Do you suggest to use one AV receiver to control all speakers, or each speaker with its own input. Speakers will be in different rooms (list in #3).
    6. What’s best approach for remote control unit? Ipad, phone, something else?
    7. Aside from wiring and rj45 outlets. What else to include during construction and to keep things future proof and flexible to modify?
    8. Where to find pros to help in Raleigh area?

<table dir=”ltr” style=”table-layout: fixed; font-size: 10pt; font-family: arial,sans,sans-serif; width: 0px; border-collapse: collapse; border: none;” border=”1″ cellspacing=”0″ cellpadding=”0″><colgroup><col width=”262″ /><col width=”100″ /></colgroup>
    <tbody>
    <tr style=”height: 21px;”>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"bedrooms"}”>bedrooms</td>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"rj45 plug"}”>rj45 plug</td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"Kitchen"}”>Kitchen</td>
    <td style=”border-right-color: transparent; overflow: visible; padding: 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"rj45 plug speakers TV"}”>
    <div style=”white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 196px; left: 3px;”>
    <div style=”float: left;”>rj45 plug, speakers, TV</div>
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"gym"}”>gym</td>
    <td style=”border-right-color: transparent; overflow: visible; padding: 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"rj45 plug bar speakers TV"}”>
    <div style=”white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 196px; left: 3px;”>
    <div style=”float: left;”>rj45 plug, bar speakers, TV</div>
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"living room"}”>living room</td>
    <td style=”border-right-color: transparent; overflow: visible; padding: 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"rj45 plug speakers TV"}”>
    <div style=”float: left;”>rj45 plug, speakers, TV</div>
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"entertainment room"}”>entertainment room</td>
    <td style=”border-right-color: transparent; overflow: visible; padding: 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"HD matrix, 7.1 sound, projector, base units location"}”>
    <div style=”white-space: nowrap; overflow: hidden; position: relative; width: 297px; left: 3px;”>
    <div style=”float: left;”>HD matrix, 7.1 sound, projector, base units location</div>
    </div></td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"bathrooms"}”>bathrooms</td>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"speakers"}”>speakers</td>
    </tr>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"deck/pool"}”>deck/pool</td>
    <td style=”overflow: hidden; padding: 2px 3px 2px 3px; vertical-align: bottom;” data-sheets-value=”{"1":2,"2":"speakers"}”>speakers</td>
    </tr>
    </tbody>
    </table>

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.