Integra Research and 4K / 60Hz / 4:4:4 over HDBT

HomeForumsWelcome to the Installer Zone Forum!Integra Research and 4K / 60Hz / 4:4:4 over HDBT

Tagged: 

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marco Perani 1 year, 6 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Marco Perani
    HDBaseT Member

Hi to everyone.
    I’ve read the news about new products by Integra Research, that can support 4K / 60Hz / 4:4:4 over HDBT.

“<span style=”color: #535353; font-family: ‘Open Sans’, ‘Helvetica Neue’, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; background-color: #f5f5f5;”>HDB-RX1 4K HDBaseT ReceiverThe HDB-RX1 supports transmission of 4K / 60Hz / 4:4:4 video including HDR10 and Dolby Vision at a full 18GB per second from a compliant Integra AVR or A/V processor via new-generation HDBaseT™ LAN and HDCP 2.2-compliant HDMI® output (while maintaining backwards compatibility to previous generation Integra AVRs and processors for up to 4K 4:2:2 transmission). It also comes with built-in support for RS-232 and IR Control pass through. The HDB-RX1 carries POC (Power Over Cable) and IP Control for enhanced flexibility, making installation of a high-definition entertainment system easier than ever.” </span>

Anyone can give more details about this ?

Anyone that can confirm new chips by Valens that can support this video in uncompressed format ?

Thank you in advance
    Marco Perani

Daniel Shwartzberg
    HDBaseT Alliance

Hi Marco,

Thanks for the question.

Current Valens chipsets do not natively support these video formats uncompressed. So I presume that Integra are following the Valens reference design for visually-lossless compression based upon the Lattice DSC chipset. This compression is extremely light (maximum 3:1 ratio), and since it is line-based the added latency is that of a single line, meaning a few micro-seconds. I have seen this compression technique with my own eyes – the quality is outstanding and worthy of the visually-lossless name.

Best,

Daniel

Marco Perani
    HDBaseT Member

Thank you Daniel for your answer. It is what I’ve supposed, but because there is no mention about VLC, … I’ve preferred to ask here.
    best regards

Marco

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.