ARC and CEC …5 hours of try and error to get it to work (at least for an hour)

HomeForumsWelcome to the Installer Zone Forum!ARC and CEC …5 hours of try and error to get it to work (at least for an hour)

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  info@matineeav.de 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

I just installed to sets of tx rx with ARC CEC capability.

These Sets are from A-Neuvideo (Ani 200 HDR).

It tool several hour of try and error to get it to work – especially CEC and ARC did not want to work as promissed.

While there never was a Problem with hooking a source or avr to a panasonic TV…with the tx rx it was horrible,

I would like to know if there is a Special order of Setting up the System does exist.

Unfortunately the manufacturer and the Manual give no Explanation.

I would like to know for example if I do have to power on the TV or AVR or the TX/RX first?

Also…when powering on anything…for Setup. Should the AVR and TV already have CEC Options and ARC in On postion?…or should I activate These Options later…when all devices are already wired together and powered on?

At last…the TX/RX Units do have a button to enable/disable the ARC function.

I discovered again and again that the TV only showed an available ARC Device…when the ARC Option at the RX was DEACTIVED.

I somehow fear that this is a hint for an EDID Problem – is that posible?

Another question: The TX has an optical Output where the ARC is extracted.

So…actually it is not “classic” ARC via HDMI Output of the Receiver..

So…next question…do I have to activate or deactivate ARC in the AVRs menu?

In the Setup (that lasted ~1 hour till AVR -Source was changed while TV was on) that finally seemed to work—-ARC was deactivated on the AVR-side…

Would really really appreciate some help as I already wasted two days for this at my clients site.

BTW…Atlona guys told me at their booth that they gave up on ARC via HDMI due to issues like this.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.